Ever Changing List of My FAVORITE Etsy Items!

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Laundry Sucks!

There are a lot of things I love to do; crochet, watch movies with my husband, drink coffee (that should have been first), play at the park (well, I like to take my kids to play at the park, I like to sit and talk to my mom friends...while drinking coffee), and many many more relaxing activities. However, the one thing that would NEVER make this list is doing the laundry. I despise the laundry, if "hate" was a word I used (and it's not because it's not nice) then I would say I h&$# laundry. In an effort to motivate myself to be better about keeping up with the laundry I decided to make my laundry room a little prettier. Here's what I was working with...
View as you walk in the door. Lovely.

"Folding table" (yeah right) 

This space is across from the folding table. It's a little awkward, but nice for extra storage, which i was taking full advantage of!
 So, first of all no judging (I'm doing enough of that for the both of us!) And second, although it wasn't much different from this, I did take these photos as I was starting to clear things out. I know, I'm totally making excuses for myself. It's horrible. I admit it. Lastly, before we get to the after (and I feel a bit redeemed), we painted the walls when we first moved in. I wanted something bright and cheerful and man oh man did we get it!! I was between two paint colors and decided to jump right in and go for the brighter one. Once it was painted I immediately regretted my decision ("milk was a bad choice!" Will Ferrell fans anyone? No? Okay, moving on). It took a little while for me to get used to it, and to stop closing the door when I walked by! Okay on to the "Afters"...
Much better, right?

I bought a tablecloth at Ross and cut it up and hung it on a tension rod. I didn't take a picture of what the curtain is hiding because then you'd go back to judging me.

Bought a little hangy thing (technical name) to put my mops and brooms on.  

Anyone else just LOVE Hobby Lobby's 80% aisle?! It's great! I got the little laundry sign, the tray and the little white board for under $10. The wreath was also from Hobby Lobby, 50% off, so it was like $4, maybe less. The two jars were from Ross, I paid $6 for the both of them and the shelf I got from Goodwill. It was $4.99 and I painted it white with some leftover paint in the garage.


Of all the things in this room the tablecloth turned "hide our crap" cover is my favorite!  I used the other side of the tablecloth, cut some holes in the top and tied it with twine to our Laundry Caddy. It's great because this sits right next to the door, so even if the laundry door is open, you're not staring at all our dirty clothes!

So, in full disclosure I feel like I need to tell you that the prettier laundry room only "kind of" helps motivate me to do laundry; I still "h" word it most of the time. And I totally cleaned up the room before I took these photos...just so we're honest with one another. 


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. love it! it looks great! i hope it helps you start to not h#$@ laundry so much :) miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We miss you guys too! And it kind of helps...kind of.

      Delete
  2. Very nice work!!! Love the green paint, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The green has grown on me for sure, I kind of don't notice it anymore. But when anyone new comes to the house and we show them around there is usually a little "whoa" when we first open the door to the laundry room! It's bright!

      Delete